Use of Information: Information given by the participant is used for the following purposes:
- To inform the participants about experiments and studies.
- To invite participants to participate in experiments.
- To perform a scientific motivated selection of participants of certain experiments.
- To check the show-up or non-show-up of the registered participants to experiments.
IMPORTANT: There is no link between the data generated in the experiment and the data in the registration and organization system. Each participant may at any time determine that he or she will not receive further invitations to experiments.
Receipt of payment
- During the experiments, data is generated through the decisions of the participants of these experiments.
- This data will be analysed scientifically by researchers. The decision data is typically anonymized and no specific person can be connected to it. In this sense, participation in experiments is anonymous.
- The generated, anonymized data is used for preparation of scientific research papers and lectures.
- In specific cases where a research project may require the processing of personal data, this should be explained in the informed consent form.
- Payment information received by the participant is not recorded or linked to the recruitment database. This information is processed by UPF administrative services.
- The information regarding payment for participation is calculated at the immediate time of completion of the experiment and is processed by the administrative services of the UPF independently of the responses provided in the experiments.
- In specific cases where payment depends on the answers provided, and the identity of the participants can be inferred from this information, this should be explained in the informed consent.
You can ask us any questions or make requests by emailing: email@example.com
Data controller: Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Pl. de la Merce, 12. 08002 Barcelona. Tel. (+34) 935 422 000. You can contact UPF’s Data Protection Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes of the processing: to manage the BESlab volunteer database. Your personal data will be kept as long as your consent is not withdrawn and to determine possible derived responsibilities.
Legal basis: your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Recipients: Pompeu Fabra University. Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties without your consent, except when otherwise provided for by law.
Rights: you can access your data, request their rectification or deletion, oppose their processing and request their limitation by contacting the UPF general manager (email@example.com). You can contact UPF’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding your personal data. If you think your rights have not been respected you can lodge a complaint with UPF’s Data Protection Officer, prior to submitting a claim to the Catalan Data Protection Authority (apdcat.gencat.cat).